Rope climb is a highly effective resistance training exercise which builds resistance in the muscles of arms, legs, core and upper back, and this is one of the reasons why it is an essential part of military’s physical training regimen.
- Grab the rope with one hand above your head level and other on slightly above chest level.
- Push yourself off the ground with a little jump and use your arm strength to pull yourself up.
- By alternately changing the position of both hands, keep on pulling yourself up until you reach the top position.
- The hard part is done. Now reverse your movements and slowly fall back to the ground.
- Steer clear from rushing down as this will cause severe rope burn.
Variations to the Rope Climb
- Wrap the rope around one of your legs and push yourself up with one foot on the other. This will support your arms.
- For an explosive workout, sit on the ground and use your arms to pull yourself up with purely arms strength, while keeping your legs in the same position as they were when you were sitting.