by StackHealthy | Last Updated: May 2, 2015
Tabata squat, also known as air squat or body weight squat, is a great calisthenics exercise which tones and strengthens the hamstrings, quadriceps, thigh, and buttock muscles. Tabata squats also enhance the flexibility in glutes and hamstrings.
- Stand straight with your feet slightly more hip width apart and hand stretched straight in front of you.
- Turn your toes slightly outwards
- Now go down with your knees bent and in line with your toes. Make sure you keep your back straight.
- Swing hands if required to maintain balance.
- Once you get a hang of it, gradually increase the speed of the squat.